Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

12.27.2005

When will we have enough of Iran?

Iran is six months away from having the technology to develop nuclear weapons. A country in the hands of a mad man and its barely news. I certainly think the fact of Iranian nuclear capabilities is much more serious than the myth of the Iraqi nukes. Yet, there are no plans, no action, nothing. The UN could start with economic sanctions, it cant hurt. There are rumors abound that Iran is ripe for revolution, I am not sure I buy that but if there were any truth to it wouldn't it be in the best interest of America and the UN to foster the supposed rebel youth of Iran. Then again, people said the Iraqis would welcome us with open arms and that doesnt seem to be the case.

2 Comments:

Anonymous jake aaron said...

there's even less evidence for iran's nuke program than there was for iraq's. what makes you so sure that there is the slightest possibility of a nuclear iran? as far as economic sanctions, russia and china will block them in the security council--much like germany, france, and china vowed to do regarding iraq. it's not in the un's best interest to do anything, and i'm sure there are american and israel agents throughout iran funding democrats and providing computers. and, for the record, about 80% of iraq did greet us with open arms.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Leaf said...

You make very valid points. And it is true that there is no evidence of Iran currently holding nukes. However, most Israeli intelligence states that, if unchcecked, they will have nuclear weapons within two years. If it is not in the best interest of the UN to act then who should? I do hope that we are helping to foster the moderate elements of Iran and hope that if anything a nuclear Iran is delayed. Finally, on the point of Iraq, the truth is never as good or as bad it is made to seem by either the media or the government.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home