Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

12.30.2005

Tomorrow is always a good day to start

On the eve of yet another new year most people make it a point to make grand resolutions. But, why does it take a new calendar year to motivate people to make changes? Why Jan. 1 and not Dec. 1? The point here is that whatever we decide to do, or decide to change there is no need to wait for a new day or a new year. Whatever it is you plan on doing this new year didn't have to wait and it most certainly should not be something that put off for another year. The truth is if we believe that tomorrow is a good day to start why not today? Today is where life happens, today is where we can change our lives, today is what matters.

I once read that the key to life was finding the balance between living each day as if you would live forever and living each day as if it were your last. It seems that too many people live without any thought of their own mortality, constantly waiting for tomorrow to make a change. Recent behavioral studies have proven that it takes only five weeks of repetition to make something a habit, thats it, by Valentine's day you could be a completely different person. This is true in just about all of our actions. We all want more out of life, some of us have great careers but terrible personal lives, others have great families but hate their jobs, some have great health but spend so much time keeping it that way that they dont get to enjoy it.

So, whatever it is that you plan on doing over the next year, make this your number one resolution: Whatever I decide to do I will begin that quest today. That is my only new years resolution. It is the only one I need, because whether I plan to love more, live more, travel more, enjoy life more or just be an all around better person than I was in 2005 that journey starts today.

Happy New Year

1 Comments:

Blogger Erik Mann said...

great post, i'll come visit again soon...erik

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home