Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

12.26.2005

My Jewsmas

Christmas has become almost as much a tradition for myself as it must be for most Christians. Granted my idea of tradition stems from a love of movies and Chinese food but what can you do. So, as I have many, but not all, years before this one I met up with a buddy and took in a movie and some bad Chinese. The only thing that made this year different from last year was there was also Sunday night football to watch.

Scott and I are the only ones in town right now so it was just the two of us who could make it to the movie. Luckily, he was willing to leave the city for once and come out to the burbs. So, we head on over to the new theaters at Tysons corner. Nice place but the fog out was nasty. We ended up seeing the Ringer, which was pretty good, and since Scott and I have messed up senses of humor we found ourselves laughing at many moments when others simply were not.

Leaving the movie, we realized that the fog had gotten even worse. I am talking about no visibility, probably the worst the driving conditions outside of a hurricane I have ever been in. Couldn't see a thing. This also made looking for a chinese restaurant a challenge but we found one. One that we definitely should not have been at. We pull up to this little plaza with a full lit chinese restaurant with there Open sign on and a seemingly packed restaurant. But, when we walk in we everyone stops, turns and stares at us. We asked if it was a private party but they said they were open. However, they were clearly not expecting anyone, that was clear by the fact that there was an illegal poker game going on at one table and whatever shadiness was going on in the back room. So, for about the first 15 minutes Scott and I just sat there debating whether or not they wanted us there. We finally decided our money was as good as anyone elses and decided to order. The food was ok but having to ask for silverware was rough. After eating quickly the dude dressed like a yakuza butcher finally got us to leave.

From there we made it back to my place to catch Sunday night football to enjoy watching the Vikings throw away their playoff chances on a weak ass prevent Defense. After winning six straight mostly on defense I have no idea how they did it because the play calling of Ted Cottrell is downright terrible. He calls a softer defense than Ron Zook did at UF. The offense was better than expected and I am as always excited for next year no matter the circumstances of this year. But, Zygi Wilf needs to get a whole new coaching staff in there and some new pieces to the offense. The coaching was downright terrible and Tice is lucky to have won the games he did, he does not deserve to be back.

Still looking for Hanukkah candles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home