Free Leaf

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

Name:
Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States

I have a lot more questions than answers, but I just keep asking. I constantly want to leave, but somehow manage to stay. I am both perfectly happy and completely miserable because of it. I think I am misunderstood but that could just be a huge misunderstanding, either way I guess the best way to put it is, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

12.26.2005

Happy Hanukkah

It has been quite a day. Of course I had no idea how bad the day after Christmas was at stores. But, they were a mess. After making it to the gym and getting in a pretty good workout I decided to brave Fair Lakes and try to find those Hanukkah candles that have been alluding me. My quest began days ago really, but today was the all out assault on Fairfax, I was determined to find candles. Stopped at BJ's for some things I needed then hit up Walmart.

Walmart was an absolute disaster, there was hardly room to walk through the aisles but I finally made it to the seasonal section, where they had about 8 rows of Christmas goodies but not even so much as a shelf of Hanukkah items. So, I moved on to Target. If Walmart was bad, Target was worse, there was no parking and even getting into the store was a challenge, anyway they were no better than walmart with there selections. But, they did have a noticeable sliver of Hanukkah cards, that was nice.

I tried a few grocery stores but nothing, until I got to Giant. Giant really never lets me down. On top of being the only store selling Boars Head meats in the area they are also the only store that had any Hanukkah items. So, I got my candles and will be able to light them for the rest of Hanukkah. I know its silly without family around or kids and I don't do the whole presents thing anymore but I was really upset at the thought that I could not do something that I have been doing for my entire life. And I still won't be able to have homemade latkes, which is probably for the best, but I am excited to just light the candles and remember the stories from when I was a kid.

Happy Hanukkah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home